1. ‘The Good Earth’ has been written by
a.Pearl S. Buck b. George Eliot
c. Charles d.Viginia Wolff
2. The First English novel, Pamela has been written by-
a. Daniel Defoe
b. Samuel Richardson
c. Henry Fielding d. Sir Walter Scott
3. Who is known as the father of English poetry?
a. Alexander Pope b. John Keats
c. Charles Dickens d. Geoffrey Chaucer
4. Who was both a poet and a Priest?
a. George Herbert b. Andrwe Marvell
c. Edmund Spencer d. Robert Browning
5. ‘Uncle Tom’s Cabin’is written by·
a. Robert Tenûson b. Pearl S. Buck
c. Harriet Beecher Stowe
d. Thomas Hardy
6. Pride and Prejudice’ is written by-
a. Emily Bronte b. Jane Austen
c. Charlotte Bronte d. Charles Dickens
7. Who among the following is a dramatist?
a. G. B. Shwa b. E. M. Forster
c. T. S. Eliot d. Stephen Spender
8. Who wrote ‘The End of History and the Last Man’?
a. M. Francis Fukuyama b. Robert Frost
c. Samuel Huntington d. David Lynn
9. Helen of Troy was the wife of·
a. Agamemnon b. Achilles
c. Menelaus d. Ulysses
10. Who is the ‘University Wits’ in the following list?
a. William Shakespeare
b. Thomas Gray
c. Robert Greene d. John Dryden
11. Who wrote the short story ‘The Gift of the Magi’?
a. William Wordsworth b. Nixon
c. Jane Austen d. O’ Henry
12. Eliæabethan tragedy is centred on·
a. love b. war
c. revenge d. philosophy
13. Calliban is a Character in·
a. King Lear b. Tempest
c. Man and Superman d. Othello
14. Who wrote the book ‘The Kite Runner’?
a. Salman Rushide b. KhaledHosseini
c. OrhanPamuk d. John Milton
15. ‘Silent Woman’ written by·
a. John Ruskin b. Daniel Defoe
c. Ben Jonson d. Robert Browning
16. The poem ‘To His Coy Mistress’ was written by·
a. John Keats b. Andrwe Marvell
c. John Milton d. William Shakespeare
17. ‘Justice delayed is justice denied’ was state by·
a. Shakespeare b. Emerson
c. †ladstone d. John Keats
18. Who wrote the poem ‘Solitary Reaper’?
a. William Wordsworth b. P.B. Shelley
c. John Keats
d. William Shakespeare
19. The author of ‘Road to Freedom’ is·
a. James Baker b. Bertrand Russell
c. Dr. Kissinger d. Vladimir Lenin
20. Shakespeare’s ‘Julius Caesar’ is a·
a. comedy b. satire
c. tragedy d. historical play
1a 2b 3d 4a 5c 6b 7a 8c 9c 10c 11d 12c 13b 14b 15c 16b 17c 18a 19b 20c.
গ্রন্থনা : আফজাল হোসেন, জগন্নাথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়